10 Free Resources for Crafting your Visual Story
Hint: You Don’t have to be a Designer to Create a Rockstar Visual Story!
I stepped into the world of fantasy and imagination when my mom introduced me to comic books at a young age. It opened up my thirst for all things comic book, sci-fi, and the world of heroes and heroines. I fell in love with the X-Men and particularly Wolverine. His character drew me in because he was small, spry and unassuming but got results. Much like Wolverine I’m unassuming but am a force to be reckoned with and deliver results with badass strategy. I’m not just an artist, but a marketing strategist. My process comes from a creative standpoint. Taking the principles of visual communication in a painting and cinematic storytelling, I create dynamic campaigns and guide my clients to be the superhero of their story. As a painter, my career reads like a an adventure novel; Flying in AC130 gunships to create commissions for the Pentagon and the United States Air Force as an Honorary Colonel to being featured on the Tyra Banks show and working with some of the top comic book industry pros, producing the wildly popular “The Black Panel.” I’ve been blessed to work with some amazing people and brands, even building up the viral sensation, NAACP nominated Dark Girls documentary to a thriving community of engaged fans which lead to the inclusion in the Toronto International Film Festival and Oprah’s OWN network as the highest performing documentary on her network. Most recently I fulfilled a life long dream and formed an art non-profit, Road to Artdom Foundation, Inc to inspire creativity and a new generation of artists in underserved areas.
Visual Storytellers Virtual Bootcamp
People are inundated with media and advertising on a daily basis. What are you doing to make sure your brand can cut through the clutter and connect directly to your ideal client? Can your visuals stand out in a crowd and attract the right people? The 10 week Group Virtual Bootcamp takes participants through my 6 Step Branding process:
- Get Brand Clarity
- Translate your Brand in Visuals
- Get Visibility Online
- Craft a Visual Story
- Be Visually Memorable in all your Marketing Materials
- Secrets to using your Visual Story in Social Media
This is for you if:
- You are an entrepreneur that knows your services and products very well, but don’t know how to select Visuals that represent the essence of your Brand
- You are tired of getting designs back from designers that don’t fit your vision and you are not sure how to communicate what that looks like
- You want to have a brand that tells the same Visual story and matches, no matter if you hire a professional designer or D.I.Y. an image yourself using free tools
- You want the confidence to create Visuals on the fly even if you aren’t a designer
Next session begins July 2016.
I’m extremely passionate about bringing clarity in your brand and uncovering your brand’s unique position and style. Are you ready to jumpstart your brand and get results that convert? Do you need one-on-one attention on your brand? I take on a limited number of consulting clients each quarter. If you are interested in exploring one of the topics below, Let’s Get Visual.
- Branding Audit
- Creative Direction
- Custom Illustration
- Marketing & Social Media Strategy
Get a cheat sheet of the 2016 Social Media Image Sizes for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and YouTube.read more